India , McLeodganj
6 ( Technical Trek )
One of the key highlights of this trek is that it takes you to 4,610 meters in just few days. Moon Peak and Indrahar Pass lies in the Dhauladhar mountain ranges of Western Himalayas. Lying in Himachal Pradesh, the range divides two districts of Chamba and Kangra (Dharamshala). Another major plus for the trek is that it starts from McLeodganj. McLeodganj is one of most popular hill towns in the country and world renowned for being seat of Tibet government in exile. A trekker can club his adventure with cultural tour of the town and also go shopping and food tasting here. McLeodganj is a foodie’s paradise for sure.
The trek goes through mixed forest of oak, rhododendron and deodar tress. First 2 km is a steep ascent but there is a gradual ascent after Galu Devi Temple. The last 1 kilometer is again a steep ascent through the forest which is known as 22 mode (zigzag). Triund is a flat meadow on top of a ridge. From here panoramic view of Dhauladhar range on one side and Kangra valley on other is a memorable sight.
We start early in the morning from Triund to laqa Got. We pass through Snowline Cafe (1-2 hrs from Triund) and laqa got at another one and half hour. We will keep it as a rest day. After lunch we will for a short hike that means we will gain some height and explore the Dhuladhar range
Today we start after breakfast in the morning to our base camp. It might be one of the easier days. We cut short the duration by two hours for tomorrow and make Lahesh Caves as our base. This can also be used as an additional day in case weather is not favorable.
We start early in the morning by crossing the beautiful Indrahar Pass. After descent we again ascent and climb the Moon Peak. After spending some time up there, we will return to Lahesh Caves Base by afternoon.
In the morning, we start from Laqa to McLeodganj to end a memorable journey.
McLeodganj to McLeodganj, TWIN SHARING
- All accommodation during trek
- All meals during trek beginning from lunch on first Day till Breakfast on last Day
- Local transportation as per the itinerary
- Dinner and breakfast during hotel stay
- Necessary Permits and first aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced mountain guide, and support staff
- Any type of personal expenses
- Meals during travel
- Extra snacks and meals during trek from shop
- Insurance of the trip
- Anything not mentioned under Inclusions
- Mule or porter to carry personal luggage
- Personal gear and equipment
- Cancellations up to 50 days prior to departure date - Full Refund
- Cancellations up to 30 days prior to departure date - 10% deduction
- Between 30 days to 15 days prior to departure - 50% deduction
- Less than 15 days of departure - No Cash Refund
- Please note that in case of booking with a partial amount, the deduction amount would be calculated with respect to the overall event fees only. The amount would be adjusted from the partial amount deposited with Lets Himalaya to calculate the final refund amount.
- The amount for refund processing would always be calculated basis the net amount paid* for booking the event W.R.T the Base Price of the event (excluding additional components like transport, rent, portage, etc.).