Hampta pass connects the valleys of Lahaul and Kullu, each with their own distinct cultures and terrain. Lahaul being mainly Buddhist is full of monasteries and Buddhist style architecture with dry and cold climate desert climate. Whereas, Kullu is a Hindu influenced valley with beautiful and ancient temples scattered throughout, and lush greenery and forest cover serving as their backdrop. This unique trek allows us a glimpse of both sides, as well as a chance to visit the beautiful Chandertal Lake, named after the Moon and its crescent shape, and located at a height of over 4000 meters. This is an ideal trek to take for beginners and those who wish to discover the beauty of the Himalayas firsthand.
Guests arriving by bus will be received by members of our team at Manali Bus stand, where members of our team will be present to receive you. From Manali, we board our vehicles and head out for Jobra, the starting point of our trek. We drive till Prini and cross the AD Hydro Project compound, continuing along the winding road to reach Jobra. From here, we begin our trek through pine and fir forests, with rivers and mountain ranges in the vicinity. The trek will take a couple of hours until reach Chikka. We set up camp here and retire for the night. Meal and overnight stay in camps at Chikka.
From Chikka, we begin our climb and begin treading through a rectangle shaped valley covered with tiny bright flowers. Once we cross the valley, greenery diminishes and we begin to touch the snowlines and rocky terrain. A few hours of trekking gets us to Bhalu ka Gera, named after the bears that are sometimes seen here. We settle down here for the night. Meal and overnight stay in camps at Bhalu Ka Ghera
After breakfast, we break camp and head to the highlight of our trek, the Hampta Pass. As we progress, the distinct barren landscape of Lahaul Valley becomes evident. The trail through the snow covered Hampta Pass is gradual and comfortable, with a steep descent at the end. Once we descend, we reach the Rani River and head to our campsite nearby at Shiagoru. Meal and overnight stay in camps at Shiagoru
Today is the last day of trekking as we descend down from Shiagoru and follow the river until we reach Chattru. A panoramic view of the Inner Himalayas Ranges comes into view during this part of the trek. At Chattru, we take a break before boarding our vehicles to visit the Chandertal Lake. The beautiful crescent shaped high altitude lake is a testament to the awe inspiring beauty that nature can offer. After spending some time here, we drive back to our campsite and retire for the night. Meal and overnight stay in camps at Chattru
We return to Manali today, crossing the beautiful Rohtang Pass along the way. We drop guests off at Manali town, where guests can spend their time shopping or sightseeing before catching their evening bus back.
Manali to Manali, TWIN SHARING
- All accommodation during trek
- All meals during trek beginning from lunch on first Day till Breakfast on last Day
- Local transportation as per the itinerary
- Dinner and breakfast during hotel stay
- Necessary Permits and first aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced mountain guide, and support staff
- Any type of personal expenses
- Meals during travel
- Extra snacks and meals during trek from shop
- Insurance of the trip
- Anything not mentioned under Inclusions
- Mule or porter to carry personal luggage
- Personal gear and equipment
- Cancellations up to 50 days prior to departure date - Full Refund
- Cancellations up to 30 days prior to departure date - 10% deduction
- Between 30 days to 15 days prior to departure - 50% deduction
- Less than 15 days of departure - No Cash Refund
- Please note that in case of booking with a partial amount, the deduction amount would be calculated with respect to the overall event fees only. The amount would be adjusted from the partial amount deposited with Lets Himalaya to calculate the final refund amount.
- The amount for refund processing would always be calculated basis the net amount paid* for booking the event W.R.T the Base Price of the event (excluding additional components like transport, rent, portage, etc.).
If still you have some doubt and want more information.