India , Leh & Ladakh
5 ( Challenging Trek )
The Markha valley is a beautiful preserved valley in the heart of the Himalayan mountains. Thus making it the perfect place for trek and is one of the most popular treks in the Ladakh region that allures adventurists across the world.
Guests arrive at Leh Airport, where members of our team will be present to receive you. From here, we pick you up and drop you off at your hotel to freshen up and relax. Guests can spend the day exploring the city of Leh and finishing any last minute shopping for the trek. Meal and overnight stay in hotel at Leh.
Acclimatization and rest day. Guests can spend the day at their own leisure. You have the option to go for some local sightseeing at places like Shey, Thiksey, Sangam, and Hemis Monastery. Meal and overnight stay in hotel at Leh.
After breakfast, we board our vehicles and take off for Chilling. Attractions along the way include Gurdwara Pathar Sahib, Magnetic Hill and the confluence of rivers Zanskar and Indus. The drive takes a few hours before we arrive at Chilling. From here, it is an ascending climb till we reach our first camping spot near Skiu. Guests have the option of either camping or booking into one of the many home stays located here. Meal and overnight stay in guesthouse/camps at Skiu.
Following breakfast, we regroup and move onwards along our journey. The trek today is along a well marked trail with gradual ascent. We follow along the banks of the Markha River, encountering beautiful wildlife found here like Blue sheep, mountain goats, Magpies and deer. There are a number of meditation caves near the village of Nagding village. From here, our destination at Sara is another hour?s walk away. Meal and overnight stay in guesthouse/camps at Sara
Today, we enter the beautiful hamlet of Markha. We depart in the morning, following a flat trail with gradual ascension. Along the way, we can stop at Chalak Village for a tea break before pressing on. We reach Markha by afternoon, after which we check in and head out to explore the many stones and stupas found here. You also have the option of visiting the Buddhist Monastery and the Palace of Markha. Meal and overnight stay in guesthouse/camps at Markha.
After breakfast, we pack up and depart for Hankar Village. The trek lasts about five to six hours before we reach our destination. Along the way, we stop at Umling village for a tea break, taking in the wonderful views afforded of the Beautiful Monastery and the valley below. From Umlung, a clear view of the Mount Kang Yatse(20100 feet) can be seen. Meal and overnight stay in guesthouse/camps at Hankar
Today?s walk is a relatively easy one as we travel along a flat trail, with stunning views of Mt. Kang Yatse and the double lakes of Tigu witnessed. We arrive at Nimaling by the afternoon, after which we set up camp and settle down for the night. Meal and overnight stay in camps at Nimaling.
Today is the last day of our adventure. We reach Kongmaru La in a few hours before ascending down to Shang Valley to reach Chokdo village. From Chokdo, our vehicles will pick you up and drop you to Leh, where our journey together comes to an end.
Leh to Leh, TWIN SHARING
- All accommodation during trek
- All meals during trek beginning from lunch on first Day till Breakfast on last Day
- Local transportation as per the itinerary
- Dinner and breakfast during hotel stay
- Necessary Permits and first aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced mountain guide, and support staff
- Any type of personal expenses
- Meals during travel
- Extra snacks and meals during trek from shop
- Insurance of the trip
- Anything not mentioned under Inclusions
- Mule or porter to carry personal luggage
- Personal gear and equipment
- Cancellations up to 50 days prior to departure date - Full Refund
- Cancellations up to 30 days prior to departure date - 10% deduction
- Between 30 days to 15 days prior to departure - 50% deduction
- Less than 15 days of departure - No Cash Refund
- Please note that in case of booking with a partial amount, the deduction amount would be calculated with respect to the overall event fees only. The amount would be adjusted from the partial amount deposited with Lets Himalaya to calculate the final refund amount.
- The amount for refund processing would always be calculated basis the net amount paid* for booking the event W.R.T the Base Price of the event (excluding additional components like transport, rent, portage, etc.).