The Mantalai Lake is a beautiful lake located near Mantalai Glacier, the source of the revered River Parvati. The trek takes us on a journey through the fabled Parvati valley, where Lord Shiva was said to reside. We travel through lush greenery and mountain terrain, with a large variety of flora and fauna on display. The Mantalai Lake, located at approximately 14000 feet, is set against a backdrop of mountain ranges along the sides, and the Mantalai Glacier beyond it. The trek is steeped in Hindu mythology, and is a must for any history buffs wishing to learn more about the local culture and traditions.
Guests are instructed to meet us at Bhuntar, where our team will receive you and drop you to the starting point of the trek at Barshaini Village. The trail is comfortable and ascends gradually until we reach the famous hot springs where Lord Shiva is said to have once meditated. Guests are free to relax and explore before setting up camp for the night. Meal and overnight stay in camps at Kheerganga.
After breakfast, we break camp and move out to our next stop. We make slow progress today as the path is steep and ascends sharply. We arrive at Tunda Bhuj campsite by afternoon, after which guests are free to explore and relax. Meal and overnight stay in camps at Tunda Bhuj. Meal and overnight stay in camps at Tunda Bhuj
Today is reserved for rest and acclimatization. Guests are free to roam and explore their surroundings at their leisure. Meal and overnight stay in camps at Tunda Bhuj.
After breakfast, we head out for our campsite at Thakur Kuan. The trail is gradual, with beautiful waterfalls, streams and natural beauty witnessed along the way. Meal and overnight stay in camps at Thakur Kuan.
After breakfast, me pack and press on for our next camp site. The trail leads us through Pandu Bridge, a bridge believed to be built by Bheem, one of the Pandava brothers from Maharashtra. After some steeper climbing, we arrive at our destination for the day, Odi Thach. Odi Thach is a beautiful meadow and an ideal spot to set up camp. Meal and overnight stay in camps at Odi Thach.
Today is the day we finally ascend to Mantalai Lake. The trek is a gradual climb until we reach the lake. Once here, magnificent views of the Parvati River and its source, the Mantalai Glacier can be witnessed. We set up camp near the lake and settle in for the night after exploration. Meal and overnight stay in camps at Mantalai Lake
Today is reserved for rest and exploration. Guests are free to move about at their leisure and indulge in photography, or short walks to the glacier. Meal and overnight stay in camps at Mantalai Lake.
Today, we head back to our previous campsite at Odi Thach. The descent is gradual but long. Meal and overnight stay in camps at Odi Thach.
We descend further today retracing our path till we reach our campsite at Thakur Kuan. Meal and overnight stay in camps at Thakur Kuan
We retrace our path, descending till we reach our campsite at Tunda Bhuj. Meal and overnight stay in camps at Thakur Kuan.
We arrive at Kheerganga today, where guests can unwind and indulge themselves at the hot springs. Meal and overnight stay in camps at Kheerganga.
Our trek comes to an end today, once we reach Barshaini. From here, our team will drop you at Bhuntar to catch your evening bus back. Guests who wish to extend their stay can visit Kasol and Manikaran, or travel further and visit Manali and its attractions (at extra cost)
Bhuntar, Himachal Pradesh to Bhuntar, Himachal Pradesh, TWIN SHARING
- All accommodation during trek
- All meals during trek beginning from lunch on first Day till Breakfast on last Day
- Local transportation as per the itinerary
- Dinner and breakfast during hotel stay
- Necessary Permits and first aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced mountain guide, and support staff
- Any type of personal expenses
- Meals during travel
- Extra snacks and meals during trek from shop
- Insurance of the trip
- Anything not mentioned under Inclusions
- Mule or porter to carry personal luggage
- Personal gear and equipment
- Cancellations up to 50 days prior to departure date - Full Refund
- Cancellations up to 30 days prior to departure date - 10% deduction
- Between 30 days to 15 days prior to departure - 50% deduction
- Less than 15 days of departure - No Cash Refund
- Please note that in case of booking with a partial amount, the deduction amount would be calculated with respect to the overall event fees only. The amount would be adjusted from the partial amount deposited with Lets Himalaya to calculate the final refund amount.
- The amount for refund processing would always be calculated basis the net amount paid* for booking the event W.R.T the Base Price of the event (excluding additional components like transport, rent, portage, etc.).
If still you have some doubt and want more information.