India , Kashmir
4 ( Moderate Trek )
Srinagar is the largest city and the summer capital of the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. It lies in the Kashmir Valley on the banks of the Jhelum River, a tributary of the Indus, and Dal and Anchar lakes. Hence, perfect destination for 7 lakes trek which is located in and around Srinagar in Sonmarg area.What makes this trek unique is it is less crowded and one of the most beautiful trek rich in natural beauty the view will leave you breathless. You will be wonder struck by the beauty of Seven lakes each best in own way. It would be stunningly scene with mountains on one side and the sun shining bright on the other and by its rays making the lakes look even magnificent and shimmering. The exotic view of lakes Vishansar and Kishansar, majestic look of lakes Gangabal and Nundkol with stony mountains on one side ans meadows on either side Harmukh glacier hangs on the edges of the mountain. Both the Gangabal and Nundkol lakes are famous for fishing we can really never comprehend or depict its true beauty through photograph or paragraphs.
Arrive srinagar airport then drive to Sonmarg for next 2-3hours and then camping at Shithkadi it is 2km. before from Sonmarg. This is one of the most beautiful campsite near of the Sindh river.
Today your actual trek starts where at few distance you will reach roadside from here it is a gradual walk alongside Sindh river through forests full of pine trees and Maple trees reaching sonmarg valley you will be offered with surprising amazing view of Sonamarg valley and the Thajiwas glacier. Later you will ascend towards shekdur its 2 hours steep ascent till Shekhdur . It is wise to relax here and enjoy frosty winds before heading towards nichnai which is located around 11,500 ft above sea level, and from Shekhdur its take 4 more hours to reaching our camp site.
Trek from nichnai to vishansar lake is a lengthy one. It passes through beautiful green meadows and untouched beauty of the region. The first point we cross today is nichnai pass or vishansar berry it will take about an hour to cross river and another hour walk on banks of river here you will view a gorgeous water body which is small and deep blue colored arriving pass which is 13,050ft. above sea level you will enjoy the meticulous beauty of snow clad peaks all around. Heading forward trail will undergo sharp descent and will lead you to meadows with colorful tiny flowers you can also take glimpse of cascade that finally joins a river. Then easy trek on a flat valley and there you reach vishansar lake with himalayan range on left.
Today we start trekking towards Kishansar which is located at around 500 ft above the campsite this trek comprises of both easy and terrains after that we trek towards Kishansar lake and finally following it to Gadsar pass which highest point of this trek. From Gadsar pass you will pass through green meadows full of flowers as some pictorial lakes. Lake Gadsar is one of them. From here, we will continue descending via iris to reach Gadsar lake view of the lake is stunning which is adorned with beauty of colorful exotic flowers and snow both the sides. Reaching here one needs to report to the nearest army camp and complete the formalities of getting permission to pass gadsar for which id proofs are must
Today trekking trail will include all such as steep, flat and even lands. We will start from the army camp heading towards Satsar mala lake meaning ?the chain of seven lakes? we would take break at Maegabdob which is frigid by mountain and continue till Satsar. We would camp at first lake of satsar lakes and follow the same procedure for permission from army camps as yesterday there seven lakes are interconnected with heavenly view
Today is also a challenging day, we will be covering 11 km today. The thing that will keep you going is your passion for trekking and enthusiasm to complete this beautiful trek. Today will be rocky and full of boulders we need to walk carefully. Here onwards we will start ascending to attain higher of about 13,400 ft above sea level. From summit point you can see both lake together Gangabal and Nundkul Or Mt. Harmukh. Lakes are famous for fishing. From here you will face a sharp descent and you would reach stream crossing which you will reach a lushy meadows heading the beautiful Nundkul lake which is also a popular weeking get away for locals. Trekking for next 30 minutes from Nundkul lake, you will finally arrived our campsite
Today the final day to our trek you be tired and exhausted and equally happy for summiting and completing trek. Today trek would be through meadows with tiny yellow flowers and later few distances through pine forests and finally grassy land and we reach Naranag final point where Jeeps would be waiting
Sonmarg (Kashmir) to Sonmarg (Kashmir), TWIN SHARING
- All accommodation during trek
- All meals during trek beginning from lunch on first Day till Breakfast on last Day
- Local transportation as per the itinerary
- Dinner and breakfast during hotel stay
- Necessary Permits and first aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced mountain guide, and support staff
- Any type of personal expenses
- Meals during travel
- Extra snacks and meals during trek from shop
- Insurance of the trip
- Anything not mentioned under Inclusions
- Mule or porter to carry personal luggage
- Personal gear and equipment
- Cancellations up to 50 days prior to departure date - Full Refund
- Cancellations up to 30 days prior to departure date - 10% deduction
- Between 30 days to 15 days prior to departure - 50% deduction
- Less than 15 days of departure - No Cash Refund
- Please note that in case of booking with a partial amount, the deduction amount would be calculated with respect to the overall event fees only. The amount would be adjusted from the partial amount deposited with Lets Himalaya to calculate the final refund amount.
- The amount for refund processing would always be calculated basis the net amount paid* for booking the event W.R.T the Base Price of the event (excluding additional components like transport, rent, portage, etc.).
- We need minimum 5 Trekker to organize this trek in this cost, if we have less than 5, cost will increase
- Consumption Of Alcohol During Trek Is Strictly Prohibited
- Please come with original documents like Passport or Driving License as ID proof
- During trek time you wont get the network for 7 days
- Drones, Satellite phones, are not allowed. You can carry DSLR or pin-point cameras